Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Tuesdays with Morrie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Bapalapa2, VA

Mitch Albom's Tuesdays with Morrie is alife-changing, inspiring book about how we should value the precious time wehave. Albom has a special knack for writing beautifully. It shows the importanceof maintaining relationships even though you need to work at it, and the need toappreciate everything around you or you will miss it.

Albom's collegeprofessor, Morrie Schwartz, teaches him to value life. He shows him that it isnot the size of your paycheck, but the amount of love in your heart that isimportant. Although Albom promises to call Morrie after graduation, he neverdoes.

Years later, Albom, now married, has an awesome job as a writer,but still feels a void in his life that will only be filled by applying his oldprofessor's lessons. He resumes "classes" with Morrie every Tuesday inthe form of conversations, and consequently he gradually becomes happier.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

6 comment(s)
I know what you feel like I have to go through this all the time everyday even when I'm not in school I want to end My life but I know that I should never because I know that that's what they want me to do and why give them what they want cause they want you to suffer but why don't we make them.
Oct. 06, 2015 at 3:58 PM • Report
Poetry critic
Poems tend to baffle me but this one is very clear and I liked it.
Oct. 06, 2015 at 3:50 PM • Report
I saw your profile... I admire how long you've been committing to this site. By the way, nice written review!
Aug. 22, 2015 at 3:11 PM • Report
I think I want to read this book now.
Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:45 PM • Report
I thought it was really good but you forgot to put spaces in some places.
Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM • Report
I commend you. Getting published 657 times in 4 years is unheard of! You have a future in writing, so never stop!
Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM • Report