The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho | Teen Ink

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

By justin123 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
justin123 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

The Alchemist
By Pualo Coelho, Harper Collins, 1993, 163 pg., $13.00
ISBN 0-06-250218-2

Do you like to read books about true identity and never ending journeys? Well if you answered yes then The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho is a perfect book for you. Throughout The Alchemist, Santiago (the protagonist) strives to continue his journey to the pyramids. Along the way he learns to live life to the fullest with no regrets and to follow his dreams. During Santiago’s journey, he finds his love for Fatima and also for the desert. While in the desert, Santiago finds his inside personality and learns from an Alchemist about the world and his own life.

I think that is book is great! It really made me feel like I was there in the story with Santiago helping him with his journey. The Alchemist was very descriptive and written with flow which made an easy read. I really connected with Santiago and it made me think of some things that I might actually do. At times, The Alchemist made me feel sad for Santiago, but other times I was happy for him. An example of this is when he accomplished his goal or chose the right decision. I think Paulo Coelho used good writing techniques to make the story successful and easy to follow.

I would rate this book a 9 out of 10 because it was a wonderful story about finding yourself and learning who you are. This is a great book for everyone but especially those who love adventure stories about true identity or following your dreams. This book is written for 6th to 9th graders and a fantastic story with a good message.