Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Our Corrupted Generation

By WriterA.M., Terrell, TX

What do you hear hear when you turn on the radio or put a CD in a player? What do you see when you turn on the television, pop in a DVD, or Blue-ray disc? What do you read when you turn the pages of a magazine, or scroll down web pages? What do you hear when you listen to the way your peers talk?
Most kids may not think much of it, but our way of life as teens seems to be prophesied for us by something known as the Media. TV shows or songs say that sex is great and you'll have kids doing it. Television shows and movies glamorize drug use and you'll see kids lighting up joints in-between classes. Songs rap, scream, or dare I say, actually sing violent lyrics out and the listeners start to feel more aggressive.
And who can forget the commonly used f word that we hear both from the speakers of electrical devices and human lips?

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
Bravo! Keep up the fight.
Jul. 09, 2015 at 6:11 PM • Report
I have read this full article, and me being a 15 year old in Miami Florida, one of the most media influenced cities in the world, feel the same way as you do.
Jun. 30, 2015 at 5:49 PM • Report
Peace Maker
Dont worry bro your not alone i too see what and go through what you observed and i dont like it either
Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:51 PM • Report