A Bend in the Road | Teen Ink

A Bend in the Road MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Ifyou enjoy a love story, cry over broken hearts and savor the coziness ofsmall-town life, this book is for you. A Bend in the Road, the latest love storyby Nicholas Sparks, is sweet, emotional and shocking. Sparks keeps you guessingthrough the whole book. The dialogue is very realistic, with many memorablepassages.

A North Carolina sheriff feels as if his life ended the day hiswife died in a hit-and-run accident. While Miles struggles with the unansweredquestion of who murdered his wife, their son Jonah is struggling in school. Aparent-teacher conference is called, and Miles meets Jonah's second-gradeteacher, Sarah Andrews. Sarah is new to the town and trying to rebuild her ownlife after divorce. Miles and Sarah fall in love while working together to getJonah caught up in school. As they begin to think about their future together,they discover the pain of their pasts and realize that something else binds themtogether besides their newfound love.

Every page is sad yet exciting, andI promise you will not be able to put this book down. This story of loss andnew-found love is beautifully written. Sparks' books are warm and touching, butthe suspenseful edge is well done here. Emotions ride high as you wait to findout whether love really can conquer all.

A Bend in the Road is told from aunique viewpoint - that of the driver of the car that killed Miles' wife. Thedriver writes in a journal about the haunting guilt and nightmares. Can Miles'and Sarah's new love withstand the shocking secret when the killer isrevealed?

Nicholas Sparks has done it again, confirming that he isAmerica's best-loved and best-selling author of stories of the heart. Withmemorable characters facing real problems, readers will be reluctant to part withthe story when it concludes.

i love this !