Introduction to Islam
Islam and Muslims
* The word "Islam" isArabic and means "submission to the will of God." Islam teaches thatone must submit to God - Allah, in Arabic - in order to achieve true peace ofmind. Allah is God, the same God Christians and Jews worship.
* The word"Muslim" means "one who submits to the will of God,"regardless of race, nationality or ethnic background.
* Eighty percent ofMuslims are not Arabs.
* Muslims believe that all of God's prophets, whoinclude Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, brought the same message ofMonotheism. Muhammad is believed to be the final prophet.
* Human beingsare not believed to be sinful, but are seen as capable of both good and evil.Muslims believe God has given people free will.
Continue Reading »