Caroline In The City | Teen Ink

Caroline In The City MAG

Caroline in the City is one of the new shows on NBC's Thursday night line-up. Unlike the another new show, The Single Guy, Caroline in the City is actually pretty good. Its placement between Seinfield and ER is a good way to get people to watch it.

The show is about a cartoonist, Caroline, who writes a comic strip called Caroline in the City. Her best friend Annie, a professional dancer, is constantly looking for Mr. Right. Caroline has a steady named Del, who works at a greeting card company. Caroline's employee Richard colors the cartoons for her and he is constantly the butt of everyone's jokes.

The show has a lot of the same qualities as Friends and Seinfeld. It doesn't really have a strong storyline but it is entertaining. The show won't be winning any awards any time soon, but it's a good way to pass the time between Seinfeld and ER.

Caroline is played by Lea Thompson who is no newcomer to the screen. You may recognize her from the Back to the Future movies.

Thus far the best episode, in my opinion, was the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade episode. Caroline's cartoon is a balloon in the parade and she and her friends are the ones who hold the ropes. And as always happens in sitcoms, something goes wrong. They lose their grip of the balloon's ropes and the balloon heads right for "Mrs. Brady" (Florence Henderson), who happens to be Annie's idol.

Must See Thursday is definitely the best TV night, with Friends, Single Guy, Seinfeld, Caroline, and ER. Caroline has a good chance of surviving. Even if it's not that great now, it definitely has the potential to be.