Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

That Special Kind of Nameless Feeling and What Stands in Its Way

By CatherineS, Charlotte, SC

Several nights ago, I went with some friends to their Wednesday night church service. I wouldn’t have normally gone; the only reason I missed American Idol that night was because I had to have proof that I went to the Baptist church at least once in order to continue playing basketball there. Don’t get me wrong; I am a Christian. I’m just one who doesn’t think going to church every Sunday is what automatically gets you a one-way ticket to the pearly gates. It has to be something more than that, doesn’t it?
Anyway, the night started out well. Better than I had expected, at least. My friends and I were dropped off at a smaller building across the parking lot from the main one. I was told that this was where the youth group held all of its activities. I guess it’s to make us feel more independent or something.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
ben_the_writer
People ought to have the right to share their religion with others, and even to debate with others, but it isn't right to slander other people's religion as a 'cult'. In my opinion, the Latter-Day Saints are no more of a cult than any other Christian religion. I'm proud to say that I'm a Mormon, but saying that we are cult is in my mind a rather uninformed opinion. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now. Hold on to those good feelings that you have. Keep searching for the truth, wherever you can find it. I appreciate the article, it addresses some good points. Virtually every religion has some aspect of truth to it, something that is worthy of respect, and no one should be degraded as a 'cult' just because of differing beliefs.
Feb. 15, 2015 at 10:06 PM • Report
Close