Caring for Haiti | Teen Ink

Caring for Haiti

By Lady_in_Black BRONZE, Cayman Brac, Other
Lady_in_Black BRONZE, Cayman Brac, Other

Why the should I? I mean yes I’d feel sympathy for all those thousands of people who died, were injured, or lost family and their houses because of the earthquake in Haiti but what does that have to do with me? For one second look at the situation logically instead of with teary eyes and a big heart. What’s worrying going to do for them? How’s feeling sympathy and pity for them going to help them? Unless you’re willing to send money or actually go all the way over there don’t go around feeling sorry for them. I mean there are all these other people around the world in situations similar or worse than Haiti is right now but the only reason we don’t know? It doesn’t pop up on the news like every five or so seconds! Truth is I’m just frustrated with everyone going on about it, my mother, my teachers and the pastor at my church. “Be thankful for what you have.” “Let’s pray for those in Haiti.” Really? Praying? And being thankful that I'm not being crushed by a building? That’s what they get out this disaster? I’m glad to hear that more and more people are being rescued but I’m just so annoyed with every adult preaching and lecturing me while using what happened in Haiti to push some stupid point of theirs forward. I’m going to end this before I end up way off topic. Unless crying and pity is going to magically make everything better again in Haiti, stop it, shut up about it and actually do something.

Well what inspired me to write this was because i was getting annoyed and wanted to get out.

thank you and sorry for the extremely late reply it's nice to know that you agree too i thought i was rambling to myself

holly1221 said...
holly1221, Plainfield, Illinois
So tell me - what are you doing?

German_Mistress BRONZE, Cayman Brac, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Lady in Black!! All i gotta say is:AMEN!! you nailed the ace in hole with this one!! (?please correct my cliche error?)