Book Banning | Teen Ink

Book Banning MAG

Laura F. made very good points and I agree with all of them, especially the views on Harry Potter. The Harry Potter books are not suggesting that you can or should practice magic. They are fictional books about fictional people in a fictional world.

Many of the people attempting to have books banned are concerned parents. Most of these parents don’t realize that they are giving their children less of an opportunity to read. Also, some children might not be able to read an entire group of books because their parents didn’t agree with one of the books. Most of the time when you ban books, instead of protecting children, you hurt them.

on Oct. 24 2017 at 10:54 pm
WritingAddict03 SILVER, Saint Peters , Missouri

Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

I completely agree with the Harry Potter Series viewpoint. However, there really are some inappropriate things out there, and I think its a good thing that parents are looking out for their children. (Even though I don't always agree with their choices.)