Organic Food | Teen Ink

Organic Food MAG

In response to Mallory’s article about organic food and healthy eating, I think she is absolutely right. This country is going downhill, nutrition-wise. Thanks, Mallory, for noticing and making this issue known. Not only is there a problem with obesity, but there are also problems with eating disorders, especially among teenage girls.

However, there is no need to eat only organic foods or tofu. My mom is a dietitian, so there are never Doritos in my house and I haven’t had McDonald’s in years. When we travel and have to eat on the road, our best choices are Subway or Wawa subs.

I still eat ice cream, cookies, chips and cake but everyone should eat better, and good habits begun at a young age will benefit you in the future. That doesn’t mean only organic food or obsessing over labels and calories, just watching what and how much you eat, and getting enough exercise.

on Mar. 22 2013 at 11:52 am
sweetangel4life GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet". Romeo and Juliet ( Quote Act II, Sc. II).

"Let them eat cake."
Marie Antoinette

i totally agree. one of my friends was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa. another friend of mine has a BMI of 17 and to be diagnosed anorexic it has to be a 15. shes on doctor's orders to gain weight. my BMI is about 18 and im 14. i realy like how your sentences flowed nicely together. i like your outlook on the topic, but what really interested me was about your lifestyle with a mom as a dietician. can i suggest you to write a short article about your mom, what its like to live in a generally healthy environment? what are the ups and downs? I'd really enjoy reading it. you have talent. keep writing :)