Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Standing Out, What Makes Me Different

By LeannaRose, Moreno Valley, CA

I walk through the doors of my high school as I watch hundreds of kids pass by. Millions of teenagers just like me nationwide attend school as well, so what makes me so special? What am I doing to stand out? I would hope the answer is obvious to those who know me. I smile every time I am recognized as the Christian girl, so innocent and outspoken. It is an accomplishment to know I do not have to tell someone how I stand because my actions are speaking for me. I attend the Bible study at my school, and Church regularly. I stand out from the crowd by saying no to the simplest things. My peers may say im “too innocent” because I choose not to cuss, “try” alcohol, or go too far with a boy. However, I know I am not a saint. I make mistakes, sometimes I make the wrong decisions, I get mad and frustrated and slip a few words I should not have, but that is what makes me human.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
onegirlandapen
This is one of the best things I have read in a long time. Way to hit the nail on the head! This is exactly what being a Christian is all about. I hope you don't mind if I quote this when I speak to people about Christ.
Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM • Report
DawnieRae
I absolutly agree with everything you said. Chrisiantity is way more then just a religion, i love the way you said this!!!!!!!!!!! great job Leanna 
Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:31 AM • Report
infinity12
I thought this was amazing. Honestly, I agreed with everything you said. I like how you explained your reasoning through God's word. Also, I think it's great that you don't swear or any of those things. So many people do and I often question why? Anyway, this was amazing to read. Great job!
Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:46 PM • Report
Close