Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Gay Marriage in the US This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Dan G., Arvada, CO

As you may know, gay marriage is one of the most controversial subjects today. I happen to disagree with gay marriage and here's why. I've seen gay people, on TV and in real life, and I have no problem with them but I don't like the idea of them getting married. Take for example last year at Disneyland when there was a gay activist party. Guys were kissing and performing sexual acts in public, not even caring who saw them. If I were a parent, I wouldn't want my kids exposed to things like that. This is a family theme park and to expose the public to their personal life is wrong.

Also, gay marriage is unconstitutional. America was built on the Constitution. I wonder what our founding fathers would say about gay marriage. Gay marriage is also against most religions and isn't same-sex marriage against God's plan? I also think that the towns that married gays should have the book thrown at them.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

13 comment(s)
Qudsia
God has created us and we must restrict our desires to get the result in the afterlife. (for believers, no offence.)
Aug. 26, 2015 at 8:40 AM • Report
KittyKat1419
I agree with all of your statements. This is a very good article! Nice job and keep up the good work
Aug. 10, 2015 at 7:41 AM • Report
FeelingRandom
By saying that you don't like the idea of kids being exposed to personal lives, you are also saying that you don't like the idea of a heterosexual couple kissing in public. I am pretty sure that doesn't bother you. Also you mentioned what our founding fathers would say. They would disagree with many ideas that are considered normal today. They feared diversity in a way. Look at the US now. An idea in the beginning is always considered weird or wrong at first. In other words, I disagree with you.
Jan. 21, 2015 at 2:43 AM • Report
readlovewrite
I have to say that I disagree with you, but I am curious why it matters to you who a person chooses to love and marry. You say in your first paragraph that gays should not expose the public to their PERSONAL LIVES, so where do you draw the line between a personal decision and a governmental decision?
Nov. 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM • Report
Haleybearmonton
You just put into words exacally what i was thinking. (:
Oct. 14, 2014 at 2:30 PM • Report
runandgo
The Bible also says that eating pork and shellfish is a sin, and that you can be stoned to death for wearing clothes woven from two different types of thread. Please stop twisting the words of the Lord to fit your own purposes. Many things in the Bible are no longer relevant. You know what is? The main messages of the Bible - Jesus is the Son of God, and love thy neighbor.
Mar. 28, 2015 at 11:55 PM • Report
Love2Read72
Ever heard of the Establishment Clause? Separation of Church and State.
May. 18, 2014 at 7:38 PM • Report
nikkie
I totally agree  
Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:23 PM • Report
BandGeekAndProud
Is this satire?
Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM • Report
Juliacat
...So it should be illegal just because you don't like it?
Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:13 PM • Report
Close