Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Review by Meghann B., Williamsville, NY

She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb It may seem to you like right now, things aren't going well for you at all. With the pressures of college, driving, sports, school and friends, it can be pretty overwhelming, especially if you have bigger problems along with it. If you can find time to read She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb, do so. I'm not saying that no one's life is harder than Dolores Price's, but the problems that seem big to you will seem very, very small compared to Dolores' lifetime of hardships. Dolores is a bitter girl after her parents separate. Her father rarely calls, which hurts her even more because she always had been so close to him. It seems as if from then on, whenever she comes to trust anyone, something awful happens. Lamb takes you from Dolores' childhood to being a young woman, to middle age.When Dolores is about to graduate high school, she weighs in at 257 pounds - weight that accumulated from stuffing herself with every kind of food and sitting in front of the television for years.

Continue Reading »

Be the first to comment on this!

Close