Monologue: A Day & Night in the Life of a Wild Stallion | Teen Ink

Monologue: A Day & Night in the Life of a Wild Stallion

By Emilymc3195 GOLD, Northvale, New Jersey
Emilymc3195 GOLD, Northvale, New Jersey

Running free beyond the fences that have caged me for so long. Running through the open plains, no saddle or ropes holding me down. My hooves thumping on the ground as I run with my fellow stallions. White, black, brown, spotted, we all run jumping over logs, splashing through the rivers and streams as we cross from one side to another. The feeling of freedom, something I have not had in ages. I run beyond the fences and cages into the trees and plains. Beneath the moon, the sun, the stars, and the clouds, feeling the heat on me as I breathe heavily from my excitement. Running as if the world is going to end, savoring this moment of freedom. Pausing every now and again to graze in the grass or drink fresh water within the woods. Resting beneath the trees, cooling off or watching the stars, making a wish every now and then as stars soar through the sky. I watch the others with envy as they run with grace as I run with haste. I watch in awe as they run with poise and elegance as I run with roughness and clumsiness. The weather’s constant change between the rains, snow, and sun. Running beneath the sun, I feel the heat on my skin as I run within the plains loving the feeling. I run through the snow feeling the coldness beneath me as I enjoy the challenge the snow causes as I jump over logs and roll within it loving the feeling of a coat of soft white fluff on me. Running in the rain is the most indescribable feeling in the world. Running through the trees or fields feeling water on me as I watch the sky light up and crack with loud thunder. I run with a fiery passion I never knew I had, enjoying every moment of this life I have been given. I run with this feeling of freedom that I have been deprived of for so long. Living beneath the sun, the moon, and the stars.

I started writing the monologue after my class had finished reading Romeo & Juliet. We were talking about the monologues used and what they are and what they can be about and such. I decided to write one and my teacher gave me criticism but overall liked it , so I decided to put it up and hopefully get some criticism from everyone that reads this. Whether its good or bad.