Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Juarez at War

By aladjuarez, Mission, KS

Cars slowly driving on the streets, strays foraging in alleys, and crickets chirping in the night are the only faint noises I hear, but suddenly that calm, still, but normal quietness is interrupted by the sound of gunfire. Oh how I dread that noise, every time I hear it I know that yet another innocent life has been taken. Of course by now that noise and action is quite routine and common around here ever since the drug cartel war began here in Juarez. Many of the members of the drug gangs have been accused and captured but the prime leader known as “J.J.J.” is still nowhere to be found. That is where I step in, my name is Detective Rafael Alvarez I am 26 years old and of Mexican blood. I am in search of “J.J.J.” leader of the main drug cartel here in my hometown Cd. Juarez. So far I have only been able to investigate the murders and the clues left by the drug gang.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

14 comment(s)
HiChanel
This was a very creative piece. Living close to the border, I know how many deaths there are. Even if it doesn't make national news, there'sa death reported everynight. You wrote a piece on something very current. Good Job
Oct. 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM • Report
aladjuarez
Thank you i appreciate your comment, sadly that is the situation.
Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:32 PM • Report
Shamsudin97
I found your story pretty good and very fiction. No offence because I think its fiction and it’s in Mexico and Mexico is a pretty crazy country in my opinion because I have heard of so many deaths in Mexico because of mafias and mobs. I like the theme of the story just perfect because it’s never easy to be a cop in Mexico and to chase drug lords. I like the idea of the brother missing and then finding him again, just makes so much sense and fits perfectly together.  Your grammar was good. If I would be making a short film with my friends or such I could use your story (not saying that I would) or you could make a movie. I liked the story and it was interesting. When I was in the middle of it I didn’t want to stop because I just got stuck in stories like this one. Great work and keep it up. Sincerely- Shamsudin97
Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:43 AM • Report
aladjuarez
Thank you so much im glad you liked it.
Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM • Report
aladjuarez
Thanks,i appreciate criticism.
Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:35 PM • Report
aladjuarez
Thanks for your feedback.
Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM • Report
aladjuarez
Thanks for the feedback.
Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM • Report
aladjuarez
Thanks for noticing them.
Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM • Report
aladjuarez
Thank you I will. Any recommendation on what to submit next?
Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM • Report
aladjuarez
Thank you i appreciate it.
Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM • Report
Close