Resident Evil 5 on Xbox 360 | Teen Ink

Resident Evil 5 on Xbox 360

Capcom’s Resident Evil5 Review

Resident Evil 5 is one of the most mastered and skillful survival horror games of its kind. Capcom has created many games in the past but nothing like this. The survival horror game became a legend among gaming advertisement.

This new game is based in 2009, ten years after the destruction of Raccoon City and six years after the downfall of the bioengineering pharmaceutical company, Umbrella. Former S.T.A.R.S. member, Chris Redfield now a member of the anit-terrorism group, B.S.A.A. is trying to stop the creations of Umbrella (B.O.W.’s) from making another impact on the world. So he heads to Kijuju in Africa, to capture a known weapons dealer, Ricardo Irving, and figure out who is behind the supposed doomsday, Uroboros. But in this 3rd world country, Umbrella had already been conducting experiments on the environment and discovered a special flower that allowed, some people to gain incredible abilities. But those who aren’t accepted by the flower die. The Umbrella researchers to create the T-virus, the virus that destroyed Raccoon city. When Chris meets his new partner Sheva Alomar, who has also been affected by Umbrella’s actions helps him on his journey. When searching a supposed deserted town they discover the villagers are being infecting with parasites that turn them into living death. After traveling for several hours, the pair figures out the mastermind behind it all, Albert Wesker. The games plot is really meant to exceed even the last games, with new creatures, villains, and more dangerous zombies.
Wesker is a power hungry monster who is willing to lose his humanity in order to become a god among the survivors of the doomsday, and numerous times throughout the series he slips further into homicidal rage as he betrays past allies and even closest friends in order to achieve his goal.

“Every day humans come one step closer to self destruction! I’m not destroying the world, I’m saving it!” Albert Wesker.

All past versions of this game series are usually full of wide camera angles and slow moving playable characters. But Resident Evil 4 broke that constant formula. RE4 revolutionized survival horror game genre, by striking new ground with new combat mechanics and gameplay options. The controls now allow new actions and even arrow buttons that give quick access to weapons. I believe this control setting is better than the previous because of the ability to upgrade weapons and gear while in the field.
The 3rd person shooter mode is still skillfully used as in its predecessor. But, Resident Evil 5’s graphics still succeed new games today. The cutscenes are full of emotion on the characters face and accurate mouth movements too go with speech. There is even an in cutscene action to dodge/ attack enemies. Players can see and hear everything that goes on, even when it seems quite. During exciting moments or when being attacked loud yet subtle music plays. And if you listen closely you can hear the very gut wrenching sounds that the monsters make with their body.
Resident Evil 5’s creators wondered if it would be good to add an A.I. to the game in the form of Sheva. They decide to allow online multiplayer and coop-player. The, cooperate mode is advanced with guns swapping, and actions moves. Like pushing another up a wall or back to back shooting. RE5’s A.I. is now capable of defending themselves, so you no longer have to baby-sit them.
Though the game has its goods and bads, it is a legend among other survival horror themed games. All there is to say is that it’s worth playing, until that very last moment, enjoy.