a long 3 hours | Teen Ink

a long 3 hours

By Dom Biagini BRONZE, Arlington Heights, Illinois
Dom Biagini BRONZE, Arlington Heights, Illinois

The mood in the room had changed considerably. The criminals had gone from the ecstasy of the apparent success of their plan, to a frigid, tension filled trance. Nobody moved. Nobody said a word. Jason’s heart began to race. Not now. Not when they had gotten this close… The boss entered the room followed closely by his closest servants. Every step echoed throughout the cold garage. The chill radiating off his stare was unnerving. He was holding a cell phone. Jason’s heart sank and settled itself right below his navel. Not a cell phone, he thought to himself. “We ave’ been compromised.” Spat the ruthless man in his heavy Russian accent. “Ze weapons deal ish’ in place and will be carried out az planned. Ze police vill’ be arriving within ze next 15 minutes at zis location.” His words were met with horror. Somebody in this circle was a traitor. But why did he not seem concerned about finding the traitor? Jason wondered to himself. Vlad and Alex approached Jason and informed him that he was to ride with them to another location. Jason was in trouble and he knew it.
They drove for almost an hour in almost complete silence. The car began to slow. Jason could smell the salt from the ocean as the car came to a halt. Vlad unbuckled his seatbelt, opened his door, and slowly pulled out his .45 caliber handgun and pointed it directly at Jason’s forehead. “Get out.” He barked. “Walk. Put your hands behind your head and do exactly as I say.” He ordered. They walked to where the waves met the rocks under a dusty pier. It was a dark night in Seattle. There were no stars in the sky. A sky as dark as death, Jason thought. Eight months of undercover work had come down to this moment. He had left a cell phone open and hidden in the gang’s lair that was connected to the FBI in order for the bureau to locate the gang’s location. Somehow they must have realized it was he, Jason, that left the phone there. As Jason went to his knees at the shoreline, he thought of his family. He thought of his two sons that would now be fatherless. He closed his eyes, thought of his wife and remembered the feeling of her lips on his……BANG. Vlad crumpled to the ground. Alex was standing behind him, gun in hand.
“You’re a cop?” Jason asked in shock. It wasn’t a question. There was no other possible explanation.
“I have been in much longer than you. If the boss would have seen even the slightest bit of a connection between you and me, then I would have lost the trust I had worked so hard to gain. For this reason, you were kept in the dark. The FBI is intercepting the weapons deal as we speak. Our mission is over.”

KelleySchorn SILVER, Fort Worth, Texas

Whatever you are be a good one-some president i dont remember which
procrastinaters unite!...tomorrow!!-matt
i'm F-U-L-LLLLL i think i can spellllll-allie =]

i liked it it was cool

on May. 22 2010 at 9:18 am
Imaginedangerous PLATINUM, Riverton, Utah
I liked the suprise ending, although the last paragraph seems a little rushed. Good job, though.