Women's Rights in Modern Times | Teen Ink

Women's Rights in Modern Times

Did you know women in modern times are not treated as well as men? I am a woman. Or a young girl as you might say. If you were a woman too, but past the age of eighteen, you probably think you are on the career path of success. Choosing simple jobs such as a secretary, a dermatologist, or running a small bakery, you may think this is the right path, but you are totally and undeniably wrong. How is it right that you are either a stay at home mom with a small job, or a bored married woman, I’m not saying marriage and kids are wrong. I’m just stating the facts that women’s brains are just as big as men’s brains and sure most women have jobs today, but are you working to your full potential?

Did you know that most young women are being raised just to be a decorator? But there are women today who head up some of the largest businesses in the world. My second point is that women are being sexually assaulted and some men think that’s OK because they are raised to think that women are the vulnerable sex. I’m just so tired of seeing the damsel in distress, and I’d like to see women saving men on television.
Business

Today, in 2010, 25 percent of women are getting interested in business, and don’t worry, it’s a good thing. By 2017, projections are expected to increase to 30 percent or more of women in business. More and more women are making businesses that are getting farther today in the world of making products that people are actually willing to buy. In life, you think the boss is always a man, but lately, more women are becoming interested after graduation from such colleges as Yale, Harvard, Brown, and many other well known business colleges. These graduates are becoming bosses of supreme national companies or running their own businesses. Such as Oprah and Nicole Hollows.
Isn’t it amazing how far have women come? From being secretaries in the 1950’s, to being the boss of themselves and other people, to create a higher opportunity to enjoy and pursue our woman’s brains to the fullest potential. As myself, I hope to use my education and social skills to form a deeper bond into the world of business and to pursue future jobs to challenge and train me to be successful as a young woman. How about the next girl?
Sexual Harassment

Did you know that 1 out of 4 woman in the United States has been raped or sexually
abused? Such as when woman are touched inappropriately catcalled some men think it’s okay to touch a woman or tease her about her the sexual assets to her body .In the 1970’s woman didn’t know that sexual harassment was illegal as woman were fired from rejecting the sexual advances from their boss or co workers until one of them took a stand and took a sexual harassment case to court because she found out she didn’t have to deal with the pain of being unjustified by her sex .Many woman are raped by drunk men and sexual harassers and are not justified from being attacked and could suffer many years of resentment and depression it could leave to suicide or feel how could they let themselves get touched. Did you know more women are raped by especially by spouses or family members? Women are harassed and nobody sees it except the men who do it to them are you one of them?
Conclusion
As you see most of women are discriminated less than they use to be but still are .Such as when I announced my paper to the class most of the boys groaned and snickered. However this are just the few ways women are not given full rights in the community.
All around us woman are teased from being called not intelligent enough or capable enough for jobs, houses, and relationships. Women are special to life because where here now and just as good or better for life as the men .We deserve rights after put down in the past it’s time for women to be given a chance I assure you you’ll see an improvement in the world. When we can all come together as a great and better world as woman are free for independence. As woman in television and in books are still acting as damsels in distress telling girls it’s okay to be a housewife it’s not .Woman should be treated as well as men such as their should be more women in the government or even encourage girls to be capable of any job maybe even being the first female president. So that girls can mature and realize theirs more to life than being a wife or having a family its being yourself and not letting anybody tell you who you are.

I just always felt that woman were being discriminated on television or books.I just want woman to know their are more options for them in career paths.Also I am not saying that all boys,men or coworkers are sexual harassers or bad people Im just saying you can be careful and you don't have to hide the pain your in.

Bobbi PLATINUM said...
Bobbi PLATINUM, Terry, Mississippi
I personally do not plan on being a stay at home mother while some say it may be hard and just as meaningful. I feel that it is demeaning and there is so much more women could be doing with their lives... did you know %90 of valedictorians are females. Be smart and use your head for something other than holding your hair up. There are so many issues out there facing women right now and no one is addressing it because the majority of women are slaving over a hot stove for their husband and do any of them know that women CANNOT be in combat in the US military, obviously not but i do because i enlisted i joined to serve my country as a flight nurse and i was told no because im a women. i got stuck with transportation cordination management, and its unfair so i got out because its wrong. WE SHOULD BE DOING SOMETHING!!

TxDragon BRONZE, Saratoga, California

"Come and Take it!" -citizens of Gonzales, Texas, when the Mexicans tried to take away the cannon used to defend their town.

I think everyone should choose their own life and not blame others for their problems.  I want to be a stay at home mom when I'm an adult.  I think that the most wonderful job in the world would be raising the children God has given me.  I also want to run a bakery.  I love to cook, and I am good at being independent.  A small business to run, and a home and kids to watch over would satisfy me.  I don't need to tell a woman that just because she's married and lets her husband go to work while she stays home with the kids means there's something wrong with her.  Some women don't need to give up their lives to reach the top of the career ladder.  I don't.

TheLastNight said...
Very good, except some grammer mistakes, and there is nothing wrong with having a 'small job' as long as the person is happy with their job.