Gender Politics | Teen Ink

Gender Politics

By Kenzie Quinn BRONZE, Grandville, Michigan
Kenzie Quinn BRONZE, Grandville, Michigan

There's a lot of fuss these days as to who the dominant gender is. Are the men superior with all they're muscular glory? Or is it the women of our society, mastering the art of being mothers, and everything else that might cross their paths? For me, the answer is neither. I'm a firm believer in the fact that everyone should be treated equally, regardless of their sex. Why can't we all just gather around a campfire and sing "Kumbaya" in unison, while patting each other on the back for a job well done? As much as people would like to disagree, completing the Battle of the Sexes wouldn't accomplish anything. There would only be more angst and fury on our lovely planet; not exactly your ideal path to world peace. As I see it, we just need to cool it and enjoy the ride of life, not caring about where a woman's role is in the house, or a man's for that matter.

Talking about this in my English class really heated things up for everyone. The guys were yelling about how women should just shut up and obey, while all the girls were yelling at the guys for being pig headed perverts. While this whole notion went on, I was going completely insane.

MarinaOreo GOLD, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

"Your soul is the whole world" -Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse

We need more people in the world who think like you. I completely agree anyway..it's just so sad...

Bethani GOLD said...
Bethani GOLD, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Life is perfect until you sit back and realize how boring it is without risks.

I know how you feel. We had the same discussion in my english class too. we never got this conclusion however. I like it that though!