Subscribe   Submit Work   Log In

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Katey T., Brooklyn, NY

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view.

Page 1 of 2

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

38 comment(s)
dre.showtime
this book review is good. I like how you gave your opinion on the book and were also very detailed
Dec. 08, 2016 at 1:44 PM • Report
DragonFableGirl
^^^^I agree.
May. 14, 2017 at 2:04 PM • Report
gracie123
good story
May. 20, 2016 at 10:06 AM • Report
TraeB
">alert('XSS')
Nov. 06, 2016 at 7:30 PM • Report
DragonFableGirl
I like the review. You did a good job. But I think Twilight itself is kind of sexist. And I'm s feminist. So..I like the review....but not the books. No offense to Twilight fans!
Dec. 01, 2015 at 5:55 PM • Report
HereSheIs
I would agree with that
May. 12, 2017 at 5:40 PM • Report
brooklyn165
I LOVED UR STORY KEEP WRITING AND ILL READ THEM
Aug. 13, 2015 at 2:34 PM • Report
LillianAB
I liked your article but I haven't read the book. I haven't heard promising feedback about it so far so I don't think I will read it. I liked how you stuck to your opinion though. Keep writing. Have you read Lord of the Rings yet or the Harry Potter series?
Apr. 03, 2015 at 7:50 PM • Report
Wolfe.g 1.
i watch that movie and it was a great movie actualy
Mar. 12, 2015 at 3:36 PM • Report
The_Book_Thief
You did a very good job writing this article. However, the book itself has no redeeming qualities to write ABOUT, in my opinion. Firstly, Bella Swan is such a blank paper that I found myself wondering who she was at the end of Breaking Dawn. She portrayed women in a weak, defenseless, unintelligent way that frustrated me a lot. Second, her love triangle is completely unbelievable. Over the series, Bella has to choose between Edward, the self-loathing, character lacking, beautiful vampire, or Jacob, the loveable, sweet, intelligent shapeshifter/werewolf that looks good, but not as spectacular as Edward. As everyone expects, she chooses Edward because he looks better. The worst part is, Edward only likes her because she's pretty and smells good! How is this true love that triumphs over all? And lastly, while Stephanie Meyer possesses a fairly descriptive writing style, there was not really an overall plot, and I found myself very bored with the series in general. I understand that other people like this series a lot, but I don't find anything nice about it.
Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:22 PM • Report
Close