Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

on Mar. 19 2023 at 6:29 pm
Azriella SILVER, Quincy, Illinois

"To love is to destroy and to be loved is to be destroyed" -Jace Lightwood

"Heroes aren't the ones who always win. They're the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don't give up. That's what makes them heroes." - Clary Fray

"Let us find the Dam snack bar. We should eat while we can." - Zoe Nightshade

"I said hello to the poodle." - Percy Jackson

My childhood is this book. Any positive memory with my mom has to do with this book. Lockdown me could not go 3 days without rereading it.

on Sep. 21 2022 at 10:43 am
PoisonIvy22 SILVER, Windom, Texas

"In the public eye, girls and women with strong perspectives are hated. If you're a girl with an opinion, people just hate you. There are still people who are afraid of successful women, and that's so lame." -Billie Eilish
"My imagination is a twisted place." -Taylor Swift

Awesome review! I have seen this book before, and I want for Christmas. Except that my mom (like @Dancer1313 ) doesn't want me to have it. :(

on Jan. 27 2022 at 5:22 am
Crazy_Writer_MSYW BRONZE, Shanghai, Other
1 article 1 photo 1 comment

Veni, vidi, vici.
--Julius Caesar

I really look "forward" (backwards) to reading that book.

on Jul. 14 2019 at 11:39 am
Vanebeautiful, Palma De Mallorca, Other
@Dancer1313 I believe there is not an specific age to read any book when you are actually older enough to understand them. I mean, even though it is obviously a teenager-book, I am sure that your mom is going to enjoy it if she likes romantic stories.

J-K-Rowling said...
on Mar. 20 2019 at 3:26 am
J-K-Rowling, London, Other
"Today's most discussed reviews"
*published in 2008*

Dancer1313 said...
on Jan. 23 2019 at 10:51 am
Dancer1313, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

"There is no friend more loyal than a book."

What do you guys think on the age you should read this book? I am trying to convince my mom to let me read it.

on Nov. 10 2018 at 12:48 pm
Rohan_Iyer BRONZE, Woodinville, Washington

Through an Action, a Man becomes a Hero. Through Death, a Hero becomes a Legend. Through Time, a Legend becomes a Myth. Through hearing a Myth, a Man takes an Action....

The review presented some great information, but I feel like the transitions could've used some work. If felt like you were jumping from one aspect to the next throughout the story.

Sweden BRONZE said...
on Sep. 28 2018 at 12:07 pm
Sweden BRONZE, Highland Village, Texas

'A fool is made more of a fool, when their mouth is more open than their mind.' - Anthony Liccione

I personally think the Twilight Saga is a joke. Vampires do not sparkle, and that made me cringe in a big ball of fantasy/horror OCD. But the review was really beautiful and artfully crafted! Good work! :P

on Jul. 3 2018 at 3:49 pm
wuadbwabdu BRONZE, Wenatchee, Washington

If your reading this your too late - Drake

Like many of the people who commented, I respect your opinion. However, I disagree. It was an extremely suspenseful story and one of my favorites.

on Oct. 24 2017 at 1:01 pm
WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
@bo_olsen Agree with you. :)

on Jul. 17 2017 at 6:17 pm
bo_olsen PLATINUM, Nampa, Idaho

"I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up To No Good"

Twilight isn't a very good book, but I did love the way you reviewed it. Good job!

on May. 14 2017 at 2:04 pm
WeirdosUnite GOLD, Prairie Farm, Wisconsin

"Give me your hands if we be friends, and Robin shall restore amends"~Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream

^^^^I agree.

on May. 12 2017 at 5:40 pm
HereSheIs BRONZE, Wellesley, Massachusetts

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." -Plato

I would agree with that

on Dec. 8 2016 at 1:44 pm
dre.showtime SILVER, Sacramento, California
this book review is good. I like how you gave your opinion on the book and were also very detailed

TraeB said...
on Nov. 6 2016 at 7:30 pm
TraeB,
">alert('XSS')

gracie123 said...
on May. 20 2016 at 10:06 am
gracie123,
good story

on Dec. 1 2015 at 5:55 pm

I like the review. You did a good job. But I think Twilight itself is kind of sexist. And I'm s feminist. So..I like the review....but not the books. No offense to Twilight fans!

on Oct. 18 2015 at 10:34 am
BabySnickers15 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" ~Michael Jordan~
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt~

True in the beginning of Chapter 8 in New moon there's a typo like seriously "The Bike threatened to knock me sidewise." Are you kidding me and I personally love the books but, I only read because I am a GRAMMAR NAZI and tend to love correcting spelling errors

on Oct. 18 2015 at 10:08 am
BabySnickers15 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

I Agree with that 100%. I think that the books would have been better if Bella ended up with Jacob

on Oct. 18 2015 at 10:02 am
BabySnickers15 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

So True!!!!!!!!!!!!