Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Katey T., San Jose, CA

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

27 comment(s)
brooklyn165
I LOVED UR STORY KEEP WRITING AND ILL READ THEM
Aug. 13, 2015 at 2:34 PM • Report
LillianAB
I liked your article but I haven't read the book. I haven't heard promising feedback about it so far so I don't think I will read it. I liked how you stuck to your opinion though. Keep writing. Have you read Lord of the Rings yet or the Harry Potter series?
Apr. 03, 2015 at 7:50 PM • Report
Wolfe.g 1.
i watch that movie and it was a great movie actualy
Mar. 12, 2015 at 3:36 PM • Report
The_Book_Thief
You did a very good job writing this article. However, the book itself has no redeeming qualities to write ABOUT, in my opinion. Firstly, Bella Swan is such a blank paper that I found myself wondering who she was at the end of Breaking Dawn. She portrayed women in a weak, defenseless, unintelligent way that frustrated me a lot. Second, her love triangle is completely unbelievable. Over the series, Bella has to choose between Edward, the self-loathing, character lacking, beautiful vampire, or Jacob, the loveable, sweet, intelligent shapeshifter/werewolf that looks good, but not as spectacular as Edward. As everyone expects, she chooses Edward because he looks better. The worst part is, Edward only likes her because she's pretty and smells good! How is this true love that triumphs over all? And lastly, while Stephanie Meyer possesses a fairly descriptive writing style, there was not really an overall plot, and I found myself very bored with the series in general. I understand that other people like this series a lot, but I don't find anything nice about it.
Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:22 PM • Report
PenOnParchment
This article itself was wonderful and definitely made me interested in the book itself! However, when I actually got arond to reading the book I wasn't nearly as impressed. Though your article does correctly highlight parts of the book, such as the way she writes rather descriptively and puts a new spin on vampires, I have to disagree about how great the book was. It wasn't all that well written, the story wasn't always explained all that well, and the characters tended to be weak or somewhat too perfect. Bella, in particular, had little to no personality and a rather dull look on life. Still, your review itself was well written and deifinitely convinced me to read the book! It might have just not been my cup of tea...
Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:18 AM • Report
Angie_24
Although I wasn't a big fan of the books or movies, I did kind of like the message behind them: that true love will triumph in the end.  And to quote the wonderful John Green, if this is a lie, then it is the most beautiful lie we have.  Also, I like that you noted that this book was kind of the first of it's kind; before, vampires were viewed as bloodsucking monsters - Stephanie Meyers romanticized them, turning them into empathetic beasts capable of love.  It was really the first of many vampire romance books.  Maybe that's why they're so popular.
Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM • Report
Alpona
Yeah, your review is certainly great...... and so is the book!:P  
May. 10, 2014 at 12:50 AM • Report
Mandy22
I would totally read Twilight just from reading this review. it was great!
Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:29 AM • Report
Luckystar78
This article does a very good job of promoting the series - but not even effective propaganda can save these terrible books!                                                                           As soon as Bella fell in love with Edward, her personality vanished. And Edward was a control freak and anyone who thinks that love is healthy can't have good relationships. The ending was false and they didn't even have a fight in the end! It was totally unrealistic, and the writing was awful.  
Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:45 AM • Report
itskatomall
I agree. Though this was an excellent review of the book and it could inspire someone to read the series, I did not enjoy the book myself, so I feel that this review is "tricking" people into reading the series. The idea of "sparkling" vampires is just quite ridiculous. But great review!
Feb. 06, 2014 at 5:41 PM • Report
Close