Can Myth Become Reality? | Teen Ink

Can Myth Become Reality?

By abalram BRONZE, Mountain View, California
abalram BRONZE, Mountain View, California

I believe that the Cloverfield monster and Godzilla could exist. There are many deep gorges in the unknown areas of our oceans that have not been explored. The pressures in those parts are too great for any human or non-human exploration to take place. I believe that these creatures may be real, and I’ll tell you why.

The Cloverfield monster, as it is noted in a popular documentary made into a movie, is an amphibious lizard about the size of the white house in height as well as length. The Cloverfield monster, expected to surface off the coast of New York City, is extremely dangerous. The monster dwells in the depths of the Atlantic Ocean, where New York is among the closest cities to its home. In addition to the Cloverfield monster’s dangerous instincts, it also may carry parasitic creatures from its home. These creatures are very dangerous and will probably invade those dark shelters where people will hide from the monster’s gambit. I caution you, if you find yourself in New York City, to beware of this monster and its ruthless parasites.

Godzilla is yet another monster that mythology suggests will reveal itself from the depths of the Atlantic Ocean. Mythology proposes that, unlike the Cloverfield monster, Godzilla is not a natural creature. Godzilla is said to have been created from a toxic was spill from a plant off the coast of France. As it so happens, there is currently a rush for nuclear energy all around the world making the possibility of a toxic spill very likely. This is one of the primary reasons for Godzilla’s chance to be a real threat to our civilization. What’s more, our myths propose that Godzilla will make an appearance in either Japan or New York City. Once again, mythology suggests that New York City may be the target for obliteration by a powerful monster.

Overall, many of the creatures in mythology cannot exist in our world. The grim reaper and the boogey man are two of those that just do not belong in reality. Godzilla and the Cloverfield monster, however, are possible threats to the security of our world. Whether the threat comes from a deep, unexplored area of the ocean or from a toxic waste dump infecting a ready organism, we need to be prepared for these possibilities to become realities. In the coming days as the surfacing of these monsters becomes more probable, I suggest the evacuation of all coastal areas for the safety of the millions who are endangered by the looming shadow of these creatures’ arrival.

I decided to write this article after seeing a program on the Discover channel regarding the many mysteries the oceans hold. I want to illustrate the possibility of the unbelievable monsters from myth and legend being real in our world. I believe that it is important to recognize the value and potential our world has, especially now that we are slowly destroying it through Global Warming.

HelloLove said...
on May. 30 2010 at 10:28 am
HelloLove, Dexter, Michigan

Twinkle, twinkle, little bat! How I wonder what you're at.
-Hatter
Tut, tut, child! Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it.
-Dutchess

beautiful! This is very true, and we definetly do need to prepare ourselves!