Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Stardust

By StephanieMichelle, Bledsoe, KY

"Stardust"

If you scramble the letters around in the words "chick flick" you might come up with "Stardust." This 2007 romantic fantasy was deemed by Hollywood critics as a box office disappointment, and however much love I have for Ebert and Roper, I have to disagree with them.
The plot of the movie is as follows: Eighteenth century English boy Tristan travels into the mystical world of 'Wall' for a week-long mission to retrieve the falling star that will ensure the heart of the love of his life. When he arrives at the landing spot, he is surprised to see that the star is actually in the shape of a woman and her name is Yvane --- a hard-headed, tell-it-like-it-is, albeit beautiful thousands of years old star. On their journey back to Tristan's village, they run into the path of brother princes, all in a feverous and deadly search for the necklace that will ensure their passage to the throne ---- and, yes, it's one of those accessories hot enough to kill for.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
Made_Of_Greed
I have heard about "Stardust", and I thought it looked interesting from the trailer I saw. Your review is very entertaining to read, and I thought it was humorous as well.
Dec. 13, 2014 at 11:08 PM • Report
Close