Subscribe   Submit Work   Log In

Drunk Driving: A License To Kill This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Marc M., Brooklyn, NY

People say that drunk driving is a mistake. It's not a mistake. It's a deliberate choice. You choose to get behind a wheel of a car after drinking. It's no wonder people are so carefree about drunk driving if it is so justified as a mistake.

It's not a mistake. Mistakes are forgivable. Drunk driving isn't forgivable. It's stupid. By justifying and condoning it, the problem will only continue to get worse. We lose more and more people every day because they were involved in an automobile accident where a drunk driver was involved. How many lives are we willing to sacrifice before we wake up and realize it? I hope we all wake up soon.

Drunk driving is wrong, and it should be treated that way. It isn't just your life we are dealing with, but everyone who is unfortunate enough to be on the same road. It only takes one drunk driver one time to kill someone!

Page 1 of 4

Close

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Close

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
Lily">
i love this !
Jan. 08, 2018 at 7:24 PM • Report
C">
You are right! I wish people would listen when people tell them to stay for the night instead of getting on the road
Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:08 AM • Report
Close
Close