Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Drunk Driving: A License To Kill This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Marc M., Acushnet, MA

People say that drunk driving is a mistake. It's not a mistake. It's a deliberate choice. You choose to get behind a wheel of a car after drinking. It's no wonder people are so carefree about drunk driving if it is so justified as a mistake.

It's not a mistake. Mistakes are forgivable. Drunk driving isn't forgivable. It's stupid. By justifying and condoning it, the problem will only continue to get worse. We lose more and more people every day because they were involved in an automobile accident where a drunk driver was involved. How many lives are we willing to sacrifice before we wake up and realize it? I hope we all wake up soon.

Drunk driving is wrong, and it should be treated that way. It isn't just your life we are dealing with, but everyone who is unfortunate enough to be on the same road. It only takes one drunk driver one time to kill someone!

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
I like how you mentioned that drunk driving is not a mistake, but a choice. I also like the idea that people should be treated for their alcohol dependency from jail so, they can get it through their heads not to drive drunk.I have always been against drunk driving but, you made me think of it in a different way. It is unfortunate that people have to die in order for us to change our ways.
Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM • Report
nice job dude!!!!!!! keep up the good work!!
Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:00 PM • Report
I love how you touched on so many things on drunk driving that usually blow right over peoples heads.
Dec. 01, 2012 at 8:59 PM • Report