Fairmont State University | Teen Ink

Fairmont State University MAG

Fairmont, WV: What do you think of when someone says West Virginia? Hillbillies, mountains, and farmers? Fairmont State University is like entering a new place - not a “hillbilly town,” but a beautiful campus.

When my parents and I first arrived, I was amazed. I expected an old campus filled with hills and long walks from building to building, but was I wrong. It was a beautiful campus with trees and landscaping, and many new buildings.

Founded in 1865, Fairmont State offers 85 majors and graduate programs in nursing, education, and criminal justice. It also has 86 clubs, organizations, sororities and fraternities, and intramural sports. It offers 14 varsity sports.

I had the opportunity to stay overnight on campus. I had quite an experience staying with girls from the softball team. Although I did not stay in the dorms, I got to see them all. There is one all-girls dorm, and the other three are co-ed. Overall the dorms are spacious and exceptionally clean. The rooms have a lot of closet space and are good-sized for two people. The community bathrooms were also very clean. There is a lounge area on every floor with a television, pool table, and vending machines.

The cafeteria was the main part I was interested in seeing. I am a very picky eater, so I was amazed to find that the food was good with a lot of choice. The dining area also seemed clean and welcoming.

Overall my visit to Fairmont State was very enjoyable. I learned a lot about the school I had not known. I recommend this college to anyone with an open mind.

For more information, visit www.fairmontstate.edu.

i love this !