Vanderbilt University | Teen Ink

Vanderbilt University MAG

Nashville, TN: Vanderbilt University is known as one of the country’s most prestigious universities. Founded in 1873 by Cornelius Vanderbilt, the school remains one of the nation’s most noted research institutions. It is divided into four colleges: Peabody College, the Blair School of Music, the College of Arts and Sciences, and the School of Engineering.

Studies at Peabody College focus primarily on leadership and teaching, giving students opportunities to teach all four years. The Blair School of Music is a unique program since it offers a bachelor’s degree, which allows students to meet the best professors early in their academic careers. The College of Arts and Sciences provides the university with the bulk of its science, language, and liberal arts classes. Finally, the School of Engineering offers programs in different fields of engineering. Best of all, Vanderbilt students are able to take classes from any of those four colleges, so students can receive a truly rounded education.

Vanderbilt is admired for its moderately sized student body (6,400 undergraduates), beautiful campus, and other great amenities. New dormitories and a dining center are also being constructed. To find more information, go to www.vanderbilt.edu.

i love this !

on Apr. 16 2011 at 11:28 am
to.hold.the.sun SILVER, Maryville, Tennessee

"You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present." -John Green

I'm thinking about attending Vandy if I get accepted... but you might want to mention the $50,000 per year tuition, too, haha ;)

But, this is a well-written article. Makes me want to go there even more!