Disgusted | Teen Ink

Disgusted

By laurdahrockstar BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
laurdahrockstar BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

As i walk into the grocery store I am disgusted as i walk by all of the plastic wrapped packaged meat absorbing the left over blood in the bottom of the styrofoam package. As i glance at it an image races trough my brain of people tearing apart a red bloody slab of meat with thier sharp teeth riping it into shreads, looking up and grinning with thier mouths saturated in blood. tearing it apart like a vulture devours the dead carcas of another animal. I cant stand it it makes my stomach churn with sickness, that someone could take the life of a poor, defenseless innocent animal. I want to scream at the top of my lungs with fury till my throat is sore and eaw, proclaiming, how disgraceful and disgusting this is but instead i walk by and keep my opinions to myself.

Being a vegatarian for six years and fighting against animal cruelty.

grasslova GOLD said...
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah

When you learn to die, you learn to live - Morrie

YEP. It's the harsh truth.

:)

Im vegetarian too, so I can relate. I also find it rather difficult to enjoy eating the muscles of a dead animal, no matter how good it tastes.

toxic.monkey SILVER, Tashkent, Other

"Homo homini lupus"

I have nothing against vegetarians or vegans... but what you said? Is that how you see the people who eat meat- as vile, raw-meat eating monsters? I'm afraid you're mistaken here. There may be people who enjoy hurting living creatures and eating the animal they have just enjoyed slaughtering with blood dripping from their lips (cannibal serial killers?), but most people first of all cook their meat, and don't actually eat meat because they like the though of eating something that was alive a while ago but because they are used to meat, enjoy the taste, and maintain the opinion that meat is good for their bodies.

On a different note, you used some pretty good imagery. But it could still use some editing with commas, semicolons, and capitalizing the "I".

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

I completely know what you mean. I'm a vegetarian that preached for two years about cruelty to animals, but no one has really responded besides my family. I sort of gave up and held my resentment to myself. This article woke up a deep anger inside me toward the kind of people you describe. Maybe I should restart my 'preaching!'