Censorship | Teen Ink

Censorship

By lionchaser SILVER, Corona, California
lionchaser SILVER, Corona, California

Life can be difficult, but that keeps it from becoming boring.

Most teens watch lots of movies, T.V., and listen to a bunch of music. The problem is the content that is in movies, T.V., and music. More and more children, teens, and young adults are learning that cussing and sex is okay. Most adults think that this generation is just horrible and we have no hope. There is a reason for it. We are all living accordingly to what we watch and what we listen to. It sounds like such a blast to be able to live in sex and drugs. It sounds like it would be such an easy life if we just went with whatever everyone else is doing. The truth is that it is not. People learn that as they get older. As a teenager, I am told constantly to stay in school to get good grades and go to a great college etc. Many teens are told that. But, the problem is that they listen not to what their parents tell them, but what their peers tell them whether it is their friends, the movies, T.V., or even in music. They continue to care less and less about school and become lazy. Soon enough they see their whole life pass by, and they cannot get a job since they maybe could not graduate high school. It is truly sad the way society is today. I think all of us would like to see it change. Nobody is doing anything about it, though. They just continue to complain. What they need to do is stop making T.V. shows and movies about pro-drugs and pro-sex. Movies and T.V. should me more of a reality. That way teens could see what it will be like when they are older if they continue not to care. Maybe America would be a much better place.

I am sick of having peer pressure by my friends to do things I do not want to do. I hate the things that come out of their mouth. I cannot believe that my friends are thinking that kind of language and attitude is okay.

lilyklove said...
on Aug. 24 2011 at 8:03 pm
you are actually one of the few people I agree with. someone is actually making sense!

on Jul. 17 2010 at 7:34 pm
FlyingNewt BRONZE, Bloomington, Indiana
i kind of have to agree with luv2write4ever because you should just have the common sense not to do stuff like that

lionchaser said...
on Jul. 14 2010 at 12:56 pm

Sure, you do blame it on the kid, but it is what is around him/her that is causing this kid to believe it is okay. Since the kid sees that this person on their favorite show is doing drugs and not getting caught, they think that maybe they could possibly get away with it too. Sure, it is the kid's decision and he/she could say no and not do it, but there is always reasons behind children doing things, and I truly believe that it is T.V., Movies, *Music* and peer pressure that is making today's generation the way it is.

Thank you for your feedback! :D

on Jul. 13 2010 at 6:12 pm
ReadWriteBreathe PLATINUM, Pocatello, Idaho

"You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you" Tyler Durden Fight Club

It's a good article but I have to disagree. You can't blame movies and tv on what our generation does. If a kid starts doing drugs you can't blame it on a movie he saw that glamourized drugs. You blame the kid. But that's just my opinion.

Poppy said...
on Jul. 12 2010 at 12:34 am

How refreshing to see a youngster with these views.  Sadly, there are too few of her.  Too many of her peers are falling under the influences she describes. 

A great essay, and very well written (with one minor error: "accordingly").  :)

AmandaButler said...
on Jul. 11 2010 at 12:37 pm
You are so right! Awesome eye-opening essay!