Communication in Key | Teen Ink

Communication in Key

By In_Love_Loved PLATINUM, Concord, New Hampshire
In_Love_Loved PLATINUM, Concord, New Hampshire

"I've lost my faith in so many things but I still believe in you." -Sanctus Real

Ever have things that

just don't

seem to bring the refreshing happy wonderment enjoyable curious cool incredibleness that is once brought into your life? that's why addictions don't work. because you can't ever get enough of something and in doing so you are losing why you liked it in the first place.

but if you say

this is this

here

at this time

in this setting

and give yourself a standard that you are to live by, have the ability to be honest and discipline yourself

and remember

why you liked something in the first place

and keep things focused

saying no or giving it up or giving it back or stopping can't really work unless you go the root of something and figure out why and what and if you're going to go back and figure that out, figure that out at the starting line too

like for example

people relationship hop because the sizzle burns out and you have to make tough calls and decisions and the butterflies fly away

but see

it's easy to date

because you can eat your own breakfast the way you like it how you do it and get ready and you can sleep in your own bed with the window open and a blanket on and just how you like it

but when you get connected and move forward and then tie the knot it's like oh that's how you set up the stuff in the kitchen or that's what you do with your junk or you want to stay in again tonight or what are we going to do about this or can you please shut the window or you drive to slow or I don't want to go to your parents again lets go to mine for this holiday

and then it gets hard

and it's like

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm IDK

didn't know it would be like this

and then you get aggitated mad upset confused annoyed let down and it doesn't work out and that's why marraige counselors will like to take you back to why you first fell in love with each other and there has to be a reason why you're here. together. the culture that we have is cool but it fails us because it makes expecations and ideas for us that are not right. but if you know who what you live for and who what you are because of it and who why what you're together it can work out

you don't need to be with someone to complete you

make you one

fix you

reconcile you

but to add something

and you have common goals a view a hope help you out show you things like your best friend and communication is key to any good relationship romantic or otherwise. when it breaks you think how did this happen and either you thought you knew yourself or like I thought I knew you and you can't dig yourself out of the stuff that is crumbling and falling apart. and you get hurt and you think what kind of person are you or what kind of persona am I and you want to be alone and think whatever I'll make sense of it be just fine figure it out deal with it. but even still communication is key.

say how you feel

what you need

what you would like

ask questions

but find the right balance

of who God wants you to be in what you're going through

and don't judge each other or get offended or count the errors but hang in and remember that love wins. it's better to sleep on things. don't do a whole lot of anything in a frenzy of emotions, you usually will be like whoa I said what? a lot of people don't like hearing issues or problems or drama and again it's like a balance. but that's why love is so important.

love repairs

fixes

brings freedom

makes it better

wins.

be honest with yourself and pray for your own heart because you don't want to hurt anyone and you don't want to hurt yourself which you can hurt yourself in many ways which you don't even realize.

and remember that darkness wants to defeat the light

wants to defeat good

but it can't overcome it

defeat it

who defeated who?

Yeah we fight for victory but we also fight with victory.

And if you do the loving thing for yourself and for someone else, let it go, hang in, forgive and ask for it, trust, hope for the best, whatever, you will

defeat it

overcome it

win.

And it's imperative not to judge or condemn or break each other down. we all go at our paces in our ways in our directions and there is nothing wrong with that.

that's why relationships romantic or otherwise fail because you assume and get mad like how come you don't understand me I thought we were on the same step? but you're not always like that and it's okay. some people want different things, think different ways, do different things, etc and etc and that's okay. The Bible says let every man be convinced in his own eyes. and Jesus healed us and then He said go out and sin no more.

If Olivia wants to get a nose ring, so what.

If he wants to be a professional soccer player, so what.

It's all just fine.

If someone wants to make the worship music a really big part of service and someone goes somewhere else where it's not, so what.

If you live a life and walk in love you will be set free.

And communication is key.

If you want to know each other.

InsaneKitten BRONZE, Miami, Florida

Even shadows need light..... "Melissa Marr, Ink Exchange" :D

I'm a midget so i don't understand love a lot but i understand relationships a little..... they easily do die out. It's just part of human nature. We have tiny attention span and if something or someone comes along new or shiny we leave the old. Change, adapting it's all part of human nature. We are merely just animals able to create things with are hands :/ oh well thats just my opinion right now It'll probably just CHANGE again ;)

Aw thanks Bethani! I love to write but I'm afraid I'm not much of a writer... I hope you have a great week. :D

Bethani GOLD said...
Bethani GOLD, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Life is perfect until you sit back and realize how boring it is without risks.

True poetry. Music to my ears! You should make this into a song!