Rambling Autobiography | Teen Ink

Rambling Autobiography

By live-love-laugh BRONZE, Asldkjfoi, Connecticut
live-love-laugh BRONZE, Asldkjfoi, Connecticut

"Happiness is learning to see beyond the imperfections"

I was born on a day soon to be filled with hate and death, apparently. A world-renowned magician and a 3-time NFL MVP were born then too, but they’re overshadowed by one of my worst fears. At least on Wikipedia. I adore microwave s’mores with Hershey’s chocolate bars. I’ll never tell, but I listen more then I talk. I think I’ve lied to almost all my friends and family. But not the baby. I never sat in the front seat until I was 11 years old, and even then my parents didn’t like it. My grandma still doesn’t. I complain, but sometimes I’m still scared I’ll get into another accident. I’ve been told almost every homework excuse you could think of, and I’m not even the teacher. When I was 4 I called 911 by accident: I was “practicing”. They still came. My favorite place to hide was my email, where I can check and change everything I say thirty times before I send it. I can still hear the condescending tones of all of my elementary school teachers. I pretended to be a different person in fourth grade because I was afraid of who I really was. I’ve crossed my fingers that my friends won’t be with me for summer camp activities. I broke my fifth grade teacher’s great-grandmother’s Mason jar. I am a learner who lives. I want to be a liver who learns….

This was inspired by Linda R.'s "rambling autobiography", if you follow the link there's a copy of it.
http://www.fmschools.org/files/3329/Rambling%20autobiography.pdf

In writing this I kind of tried to show the parts of me people don't necessarily see.