Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

The Battleship Potemkin This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By TheGothicGunslinger, Lakeland, FL

The Battleship Potemkin is hailed as a landmark in cinematic history, and rightfully so. The film was vastly ahead of its time in all aspects and serves, to this day, as one of the most heavy-hitting and emotionally-responsive films ever created. Of course, this response is mostly due to the incredibly effective use of propaganda by the film. However, though the propaganda starts off as incredibly obvious, the film is able to instantly connect you with the rebellious sailors and citizens. Whether it's because of the overly simplistic "good-vs-evil" standpoint of the film or because of the powerful impact of the film's images, The Battleship Potemkin will more than likely have you rooting for the rebels before long.

The film actually doesn't follow a group of individuals, but rather large masses of rebellious citizens during the 1905 mutiny of the battleship Potemkin's crew against the officers of the Tsarist regime.

Continue Reading »

Be the first to comment on this!

Close