Massachusetts Institute of Technology | Teen Ink

Massachusetts Institute of Technology MAG

Cambridge, MA: The Massachusetts Institute of Technology is well known for its technology and sciences, but there are opportunities for everyone here. Departments range from aeronautics, chemistry, mathematics, physics and engineering to the arts and much more.

MIT has over 4,000 undergraduates and 6,000 graduate students enrolled. Only about 15 percent of applicants are admitted. The college has a variety of students, usually with at least 2,000 from 100 countries. With top-notch professors, ten of whom have received a Nobel Prize, there is a very comfortable teacher-to-student ratio.

The MIT campus is located on 154 acres along the Charles River. Architects including Alvar Aalto, Eero Saarinen and the famous I.M. Pei helped expand the campus after it was dedicated in 1916. Many forms of art can be found on the campus by famous artists including Frank Stella and Pablo Picasso.

For those interested in sports, MIT is a Division III school and offers baseball, basketball, cross-country and swimming, as well as rowing, squash and fencing. MIT’s teams are among the top in the nation with many All-American athletes.

For those looking for a first-rate school and an unparalleled learning experience, consider MIT.

Reviewed in 2004

i love this !