University of Arizona | Teen Ink

University of Arizona MAG

Tucson, AZ: I made an early-April weekend trip down to visit the beautiful University of Arizona campus. It was 70 degrees that day, but in the summer it can reach well over 100 degrees. I attended classes with my brother who is a freshman. All were very well-organized and within walking distance of each other.

U of A's outstanding campus has more than 300 acres of educational facilities. The university offers over 300 degree programs; the more than 150 academic units are structured into 12 schools and 18 colleges. The research facilities are ranked 27th in the nation by the Association of Research Libraries.

The mascot, in case you didn't know, is a wildcat and the university has a well-established collection of sports teams. If you are interested in sports, U of A is ranked in the top ten overall for sports teams that advance to the post-season. In fact, 12 of the 19 varsity sports teams advanced to post-season play a few years ago.

There are plenty of housing options, although your room might not be on-campus due to the overwhelming number of students who come from all over to attend, but there are many other places, if you do not get into the dormitories.

If you would like to find out more, visit the campus or go to arizona.edu. The University of Arizona is a great school and my time there was very enjoyable.

Reviewed in 2004

i love this !