Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Graceling by Kristen Cashore This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By DiamondsIntheGrass, Martinsville, NJ

Sometimes when an author squeezes a ton of different genres into one book, it turns into a complete mush, like when you combine a lot of pretty colors and end up with an icky brown. But then, sometimes it's like combining gorgeous colors to get a rainbow. That describes Graceling. I won't spill too much, because I want you to read the book and fully appreciate all the twists and turns, but I can tell you this: there's a bit of mystery, a bit of humor, a bit (okay, maybe more than a bit) of romance, some internal conflict, and a ton of action and fantasy. Plus an excellent story line.

Kristin Cashore puts it together beautifully. She makes the fantasy world real, the fictional protagonist your friend, and the evil antagonist your mortal enemy.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
i hope this book is adapted into a movie, it will be way more brilliant then any of the twilight books, and btw im a twilight fan also so please dont accuse me of comparing this to twilight
Dec. 17, 2012 at 6:20 PM • Report
i know everyone did, i loved it and hated the ending at the same time, both of the books are absolutley brilliant
Dec. 17, 2012 at 6:18 PM • Report
me too! i hope she writes more, both of them were beyond amazing
Dec. 17, 2012 at 6:19 PM • Report