Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Encounter

By NeverCaredForKool-Aid, Elkridge, MD

Ripples in the water glistened in light emanating from the crescent moon high above. Serenity hung in the cool autumn air, a small nudge of a breeze pressed her hair in towards her neck. Glinting water caught her eye- the deep blue shades of the lake enchanted and seduced her. Awe overtook her entirely, the natural beauty of the untouched lake made her hunger for adventure.
She rose to her knees, then to her feet, just to fall seconds later into the frigid water below. Her body cascaded down through the virgin surface of the tarn, skin stinging from the sudden impact. Encircled with painfully bitter water, she squeezed her legs firmly together and grabbed her shoulders with opposite hands. There she lingered, unwavering for at least a full minute, before she felt a satisfying tingle arise in her legs.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
CurlyGirl17
By the way, I recently submitted the first chapter of my story and am waiting for it to be approved. When it goes online, feel free to check it out and comment! I could really use some advice on describing the world around the characters, and you do a great job at that! :)
Mar. 04, 2013 at 6:05 PM • Report
CurlyGirl17
That was epic! Beautifully written- I could picture everything happening. Now I'm really curious why her 'few feeble bites' killed the harpy. If there's any more to this story, I'd love to read it! :)
Mar. 02, 2013 at 10:35 AM • Report
Close