Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Gay Marriage. Why it Should be Legalized

By AllieJo2619, Denver, CO

Gay marriage should be legalized because it is uncivilized and unmerited. Our civil rights and the Constitution give us many liberties. One of our civil liberties is the pursuit of happiness, which homosexual people are not allowed to chase. They cannot be married to the person they love and it violates their freedoms. According to professorshouse.com, “In Alaska, Nevada, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Nebraska, Missouri, Michigan, North Dakota, Ohio, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Kansas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, and Alabama, not only is gay marriage banned, but so are civil partnerships.”

Others might ask why gay marriage should be legalized, but my question is this: why should other people be able to choose who marries who? If a man and a woman get married, no one seems to care.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

8 comment(s)
savage_princess
You can now tag other users by using "@".
Apr. 15, 2015 at 9:43 AM • Report
N0@H201402
marriage was created by God and it just shows how ignorant you are and how childish you are "hahahahah idiots" are we in middle school still? Go read a book or something and get educated. Like I said in past comments it does affect everyone around, not only the LGBT community. oh and by the way "Legalising" is spelled LEGALIZING with a Z.
Mar. 04, 2015 at 12:23 AM • Report
ttidey26
You need a better attitude and stop being so discriminatory to others. This offended me and I can't imagine how the author felt. Obviously they are a teen. Stop judging and get a life! Have a nice day! It make you happier if you didn't be.so rude!
Apr. 14, 2015 at 7:06 PM • Report
ttidey26
Apr. 14, 2015 at 7:06 PM • Report
ttidey26
Apr. 14, 2015 at 7:06 PM • Report
MrDubois123
I really loved this essay made me feel like a plastic bag, drifting threw the wind, wanting to start again, HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
Nov. 18, 2014 at 5:59 PM • Report
DarkyPMobian
This is a beautiful piece. Although it has some grammatical errors, they didn't detract from the meaning of the essay. 100% agreed. :)
Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:35 AM • Report
Caitibug
Wonderful article! I completely one hundred percent agree with you also!
Jun. 02, 2014 at 7:13 PM • Report
Close