Georgetown University | Teen Ink

Georgetown University MAG

Washington, D.C.: Georgetown University has a beautifulcampus and a phenomenal reputation as one of the best universities in thecountry. It is also easily accessible, and a quick bus ride takes you to theheart of Washington. As you get off the GUTS (Georgetown UniversityTransportation System) bus, Gothic red-brick buildings greet you. Immediately youknow this is a very busy place.

Inside the Levi Student Center areadvertisements for every club, sport and career activity imaginable. Also locatedthere is the bookstore, where you can buy books or any type of Georgetown Hoyaparaphernalia. There is also a career center where upperclassmen can get helpwriting their resumes and applying for jobs.

Most of the classrooms arearound the Levi Center in buildings that look like churches, with high ceilingsand ornamented archways. The seminar rooms are small, with space for only 20-25students. Georgetown is a large school, but has the intimate feel of a smallerone.

Leaving the academic buildings, you enter Georgetown, a quaint partof Washington by the Potomac river. This little village is where students andtourists alike come to eat and shop. The main road is filled with stores,pizzerias and a large shopping mall. Surrounding the main road are miniaturecolonial-style houses, built almost on top of each other. Students live thereduring their junior and senior years.

Georgetown University seems like awonderful place to go to school. Whether you are considering attending or justwant to enjoy the sights and sounds of Georgetown, everyone should visit for aday. It is truly a unique place.

Reviewed in 2000

i love this !