And yet, you bother me with your religious rants... | Teen Ink

And yet, you bother me with your religious rants...

By MariahS. SILVER, Leduc, Other
MariahS. SILVER, Leduc, Other

Recently I entered a new high school. This high school was different from anything I had ever experienced. See, my old school was tiny, 300 people at most from kindergarten to grade nine. Then I went to this new place and where everyone felt the need to challenge me. Like being this ‘Christian’ label was something they had never experienced before. “Why do you believe what you believe?” They say. “Why do you care?” I want to say; but rather I say “Because, it’s what I know.” But then they ask me to prove God is real, or how this God is doing things for people. It truly irritates me, honestly; you want to ask me go ahead, just don’t offend me. Why should faith need proving? Why should my faith be justified? Because of our human need. We need to find something to tear down and something to label as wrong, or incorrect. Thing is, they just can’t get past the fact that maybe they’re wrong, or incorrect. ‘No, no, no, there is no way possible that I can be wrong’. Isaac Newton once said “This most beautiful system [The Universe] could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.” Even one of the smartest people in our world could not prove what millions of people are trying to. Why do they bother to keep it up?
Another point, another quote. “The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs. Makes perfect sense.” True, it doesn’t make any sense at all. And then again, now that I think about it, neither does Christianity either. “The belief that there has always been an invisible man and the invisible man magically created the world and two people and these two people turned into billions of people and the invisible man threatened all the people with an eternity of torture, unless they showered him with praise and built many things in his honor and the invisible man wrote a book through a ghost writer but the people change the book regularly so it means what they want it to mean. This all happened because the man was bored one day.” Yeah there are parts where they’re right, but there are parts where they are definitely wrong as well. God did not threaten all people to worship them and if they didn’t they’d receive an eternity of torture. He gave them the choice, if they chose to take it, they’d get special privileges; if they didn’t, well they didn’t. It’s like a student and homework, you do it and you do it well and the teacher will like you and not worry about you not doing your homework; but if you don’t do your homework constantly then in your time of need you won’t be ready and want extra time. GOOD LUCK.
So if you really want to know about my faith, mind being rude, then go ahead: Ask your questions. But if you’ve got nothing good to say, don’t say it.

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Actually, it seems to me that she just wants to be left alone. But hey, rant all you want.

KellyR GOLD said...
on Nov. 10 2010 at 11:30 am
KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

"We need to find something to tear down and something to label as wrong, or incorrect. Thing is, they just can’t get past the fact that maybe they’re wrong, or incorrect." Since the rest of your writing is saying that others are wrong maybe you should focus on your own advice a little more.

MariahS. SILVER, Leduc, Other
haha yeah. I realized that after I submitted it. I kicked myself a little.

Destinee BRONZE, Oakville, Other

Blegh. - Abraham Lincoln

I like the analogy with homework. :P But this seems a lot like a rant. I see your point, but I guess that you could've gotten it across better?

TrinityCreed said...
on Oct. 28 2010 at 10:21 am
First off, no man can define God. Never has and never will. Let me ask you a question: Why is it that man is so doubtful to God's existence? Why are you seeing when you should be feeling?