The Changes of Martin Luther King | Teen Ink

The Changes of Martin Luther King

“Now is the time to open the doors of opportunity to all gods’ children.” The words of Martin Luther King Jr. He always had a strong belief for civil right which led him to want to make equal rights for everyone. Martin was well recognized for reducing racism; he helped people realize that we are all equal.

Martin Luther King experienced racial discrimination throughout his life. “On one occasion he and his school teacher where ordered to sit in the back during a lengthy bus ride. “ Experiencing racism on the bus, gave martin something to think about. Being discriminated made martin feel less than the others on the bus even though in reality he was they were all equal. As a child martin had best friends who happen to be white one day martin wasn’t able to play with his best friend anymore. “When MLK was a kid his best friend’s father told him he could not play with his son any longer.” Martin experienced racism at such a young age.

When Martin makes a speech “I have a dream” his extraordinary words changed several people’s perspective. ”I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed.” The people of America came to see that we are not all that different aside from our beliefs and religions we all are hard working human beings trying to make through each day of our lives. Although many people believed in Martins words there where many people who did not believe in his words others thought it was nonsense. All Martin wanted was to keep the promise of America and live out the American dream, which was for peace and equality. “Free at last free at last thank god almighty we are free at last.” MLK brought out the true meaning of justice and what is right. This man who has exposed his knowledge from experience has made a change in freedom equal rights. In MLK short time he made many amazing changes and never gave up. “On April 4th he was shot dead” Although there were several people that admired him there where people that despised him. Today People are treated equally because of martin. Not only did he make a change in civil rights but also in many people’s lives and not only America but all around the world. Without martins meaningful words they wouldn’t of have sunk deep into people’s thoughts influencing how they live and think today.

Martin Luther King was well known throughout civil rights, he made a huge impact in several lives. Martin inspired people to follow his foots steps in reducing racism and he made a big change in all of our lives, imagine if Martin Luther King hadn’t existed, the past, present and the future would not be the same. Many things would not be discovered and there would be many problems that could not solved.

My teacher inspired me to do this.

nice this actually helped me alot