steel hand in the velvet glove | Teen Ink

steel hand in the velvet glove

By ruby12 BRONZE, North Wales, Pennsylvania
ruby12 BRONZE, North Wales, Pennsylvania

A mother is tender and nurturing, a mother is kind. When you slip on the sleek slope of mistakes she pulls you back up. Throwing down a rope and hoisting you to your feet. She is stern. Do not mistake my words but she is the stern hand that you lean on and wobble next to until you regain some semblance of balance or simply topple over. She wont let you fall. oh no! That, that is not an option, you can sway, you can waver but you will not fall, even with that firm hand disappears you would not shame her with your failures. To fall when she is gone only proves that you failed to learn. She taught you to stand firm, two feet planted one in front of the other. One by one, one minute one day, one week at a time. She has yet to fail you and by falling and crumpling when she lets you free you would only fail her. Show her you wouldn't, show her you didn't. Prove to her that she did the greatest thing, she raised you. She did it right.

its about sorting right from wrong and the people that guide you along that path