I Know the Truth | Teen Ink

I Know the Truth

Everyone is going to die eventually and there is nothing we can do about it. So why does it matter what we do while we’re on earth. We fill our lives with things we don’t need and distractions to keep us from the truth. The truth is that we are animals and we are just as insignificant as the dogs and birds and the flies that buzz around your head. We grow up watching television and we are convinced that someday we will all be rich and famous and now the world has become filled with people who want to be just that, but we have nothing to offer. We care too much about what other people think of us and not enough about what we think of ourselves. I don’t believe what other people think of me, I only believe in what I think of me. We don’t know if there is a God and we don’t know if there isn’t. The only thing we should believe in is ourselves, and if we do nothing else will matter. If everyone wasn’t so distracted by the material things around them and we saw what life really meant, we would all be very pissed off.

on Dec. 9 2010 at 8:57 am
containmentsage BRONZE, Queen Creek, Arizona

"I know ill never make it to heaven but i sure as heck can try and meet angles along the way."-me

Beautifull. u captured the snag of all questions and written it perfectly. i admire you and i myself have tryed to capture this thought in some of my writting but i have failed to do it in a way that makes it understandable. it was beautifull, keep on writting!