Colby-Sawyer | Teen Ink

Colby-Sawyer MAG

New London, NH: With graduation on its way in seven months and 24 days, I have an important decision to make. WHAT COLLEGES DO I APPLY TO? Yes, the dreaded question. I decided that I couldn't put it off any longer.

Two of my friends and I went to Colby-Sawyer College just a few Saturdays ago. We traveled the hour and 15 minutes to New London, NH and toured the small campus. Our tour guide was a student who told us exactly what we wanted to know. She was very outspoken, yet truthful. If there was something about this college she didn't like, she let us know.

This campus is absolutely beautiful! We looked into each dorm and saw their differences. Some were newer, some smelled better than others. The newer dorms were actually like apartments. Each had its own kitchen, living room, bathroom, and three bedrooms! (These all smelled good too!)

THE LIBRARY. The library is a sentence all in its own. If you ever visit Colby-Sawyer, it is a must to see the library. It is absolutely gorgeous. It's made out of a barn. No, trust me on this, it's beautiful! I'm terribly sorry, but I can't describe it to you. It's just one of those things you have to see (and smell) for yourself.

The best part of it all, freshman can have cars! They can park wherever they want to! I'm sorry I can't tell you about the classrooms because I never saw any. I mean, there must be some, I just don't know where.

So, happy hunting. I hope you have as much fun as I am looking (and smelling) for the right college, Good luck! f

Reviewed in 1996

i love this !