Tabacco Free | Teen Ink

Tabacco Free

By Dmrocker BRONZE, Evanston, Wyoming
Dmrocker BRONZE, Evanston, Wyoming

Smoking should be illegal. People pay so much just to kill themselves. We need to stop smoking for good this would make many people live longer. Every year millions die from smoking. Smoking needs to be made illegal.

From 1964-2004 there were a lot of deaths from cigarettes causing cardiovascular diseases. According to National Youth Anti-Drug media Campaign cardiovascular diseases are caused by cigarettes and caused 5.5 million deaths. Cardiovascular diseases are problems with your heart. Could be caused as a result of the smoke taking out the oxygen in the blood in your body. It could also be maybe all of those chemicals you’re smoking. Every year 46,ooo people die each year from cardiovascular diseases each year in the U.S. one other thing that might contribute to having these cardio vascular is Atherosclerosis (build up of fatty substances in the arteries).
In 1964-2004 millions of people died from lung cancer. 4.1 million people died from cancer in those years. According to center for disease control and prevention. Now in the U.S 163,500 die each year from lung cancer. Lung cancer is caused by inhaling chemicals they put in tobacco the tar from them build up in your lungs and causes you to have lung problems or lung cancer. Every year 7.5 million people die worldwide from lung cancer.
Should people be allowed to commit suicide? We make such a big deal about that when that’s all we do is allow smokers to commit suicide. Killing themselves and others around them. Every year 3,000 non-smokers die of second hand smoke, which caused lung cancer. Its so hard to quit the addiction but if it were illegal then people wouldn’t have to try to quit it any more they would be forced to quit. I admit for a little while it would be a mess maybe something like what happened with al capon. After awhile though deaths in the U.S would decline.
Both of my parents smoke and I hate to see them killing themselves like that. My dad has tried hard to quit but he just hasn’t been able to pull away from the addiction of the nicotine in the cigarettes. My mom has also tried but also has not been able to she has a mall start of cancer because of cigarettes. Nicotine increases the levels of neurotransmitter dopamine, which affects the brains pathways that control reward and pleasure. Long-term use of this causes addiction.

So when in comes down to it people try to quit but cant. Many people die every year. Smoking is a terrible addiction that will kill you its not if or maybe it will. So to all my readers don’t start smoking and become part of the solution to make it illegal.

lolz1 BRONZE said...
on Mar. 8 2012 at 6:56 am
lolz1 BRONZE, West Milford, New Jersey
People NEED to die to prevent overpopulation.