My World | Teen Ink

My World

By kennapie12 SILVER, St.helens, Oregon
kennapie12 SILVER, St.helens, Oregon

Stand up for something even if it Means standing up alone.

I consider myself a wiccan, but i can't tell anybody. Why? Because I'm scared people will treat me differently because of my faith. I beleive in every god or goddess, demons, angels, ghosts, faeries, everything; but i still consider myself a wiccan. In California, if a wiccan got assaulted, the assaulty would NOT go to jail, if a christian got assaulted, the assaulty WOULD go to jail. Why?
Because "wiccans dont deserve justice." It's called the blood libel. Well I'm 13, I'm scared to state my opinions well as it is, I'm scared to be free in case I get hurt. Is it normal to be a young woman scared to live life her way? Because of what happened 200 hundred years ago and falsy accussed"witches" of crimes. Im scared to live life. Do I deserve this?

I need to know if i deserve to be scared so much before ive even had a glimpse to see the world??

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

Of course you don't deserve that! You are facing an age old thing: religious persecution, and it's a sad concept indeed. I hope you're never ashamed of your beliefs; you are who you are.

on Jan. 3 2011 at 8:47 am
kennapie12 SILVER, St.helens, Oregon

Thank you, i do plan on that but where i live right next too is where many many different religions, ethnics, and people are. I was alwasy told portland has the most tolerant people so....... but thank you!

AaronLawrence SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri

I may be an idiot, but i'm not stupid

Until you change me enough that i'm convinced I need to change, I won't change

Yeah for wiccans!  My friends a wiccan and i'm an athiest but i thought a lot of pagan religions looked cool.  If you're passionate about what you believe just move to a more excepting place when you grow up!