My Top 3 Bollywood Movies | Teen Ink

My Top 3 Bollywood Movies

By anjaani BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
anjaani BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

My Top 3 Bollywood Movies

1. 3 Idiots
2. Raajneeti
3. Paa

The Bollywood movies mentioned may not have any significance to anyone in this room, but these are my top three Bollywood movies of all time. It takes different aspects like the actors and actresses, the story, the director, and the music of a Bollywood movie to get on my list. I feel without these aspects I don’t enjoy a movie much and tend not to watch it again, but these movies just fit in every aspect.

The movie 3 Idiots was by far the best Indian movie I have ever seen in a longtime and highly recommend it to anybody who wants to watch a blockbuster movie. The movie starred my favorite actor, Aamir Khan, as the main character Rancho and my favorite actress, Kareena Kapoor, as his girlfriend Pia and was directed by one of my favorite directors, Rajkumar Hirani. I absolutely loved the music in this movie and I think it added to the emotional, comedic, and romantic aspects of story which were amazing. It was because of this movie that all of India and including me accepted Rancho’s motto of “Aal Izz Well!”

I have to admit, I have seen the movie Raajneeti over a hundred times. The first time I saw this movie was this past June and since I bought it on DVD I haven’t stopped watching it. The story was based on Indian politics between two families and used aspects of the epic Mahabharata. This movie starred three of my favorite stars and was directed by another of my favorite directors, Prakash Jha. Even though this movie was a hit, it was not liked by many people, but for some reason I thought it was amazing.

My last favorite movie, Paa, made it on my list for two reasons, one the story and two the actors. The story of this film was about a twelve year old boy named Auro who suffered from a rare genetic condition called Progeria and whose life revolved around his grandmother (who he called Bum), his mother or Maa, and his politician father, Paa. This movie starred actress Vidya Balan and the father-son duo Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan. For this movie Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, age 62, had to go through hours of prosthetic make-up to become twelve-year old Auro and because of this he gave such a convincing role that it opened eyes in India.

I would highly recommend these movies to anyone and everyone. I think if people watch these movies they can see that Bollywood movies are not how they are being perceived by the world now. These movies are movies that I can watch over and over again and never get bored. In fact, I’m recently finished watching Raajneeti for who knows how many times.

tschuck said...
on May. 25 2015 at 9:14 am
Nice job T. I know you, and have since you were little. Don't worry, being a teenager is way tougher than being an adult. But you are going to be just fine!

on Mar. 6 2011 at 7:50 pm
sweetxluv BRONZE, Joelton, Tennessee

Elie Wiesel put it best: “None of us is in a position to eliminate war, but it is our obligation to denounce it and expose it in all its hideousness… Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”

those are very good movies mentioned above......if u don't mind..i 'll state my opinion..... I think Raajneeti was missing something ...it didn't feel complete...it's pity that Katrina can't act..i do like her ...she's pretty and seems nice ..( i've never met her. ) Ranbir Kapoor peroformance was okay...i think that he was mising something too......

Paa was a good movie...a pleasant , one time watch .

3 Idiots  was one of the best i've seen in a long time.....it's entertaining and fun ....i thought the songs were okay, but i can't shake off the feeling that it was getting somewhat preachy with the message it was sending.