The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

By pizza BRONZE, Whitmore Lake, Michigan
pizza BRONZE, Whitmore Lake, Michigan

Jason didn’t know who he was or the powers he had. The only thing he knew was his name: Jason. In the book The Lost Hero, by Rick Riordan, Jason wakes up on a bus not remembering anything. Apparently, the girl next to him is his girlfriend, and the boy in front of him was his best friend. Jason knew he wasn’t supposed to be with the Wilderness Academy at the Grand Canyon. He had a strange feeling something bad was about to happen and something bad did. When he finds himself at Camp Half Blood he and the others Learn that they have to go on a quest to save Hera, who has been kidnapped by Gaea and is being held captive at the Wolf House. Gaea is draining Hera’s power to awaken herself and her son, Porphyrion the giant king. Another problem they have is Piper’s dad has been kidnapped by the giant, Enceladus. If Jason, Leo and Piper complete this quest they might have a shot to stop the Giant’s from destroying the gods roots, Greece.

I loved The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. The Lost Hero starts off with a real catchy hook and Rick Riordan’s style of writing makes you never want to put the book down. It keeps you guessing what is going to happen next, that’s why I loved every part of the book. I don’t recommend this book to children under the age of ten because it’s probably at a too high reading level for kids under that age. Plus, The Lost Hero has mild fighting. On the other hand, if you can comprehend the words you will love The Lost Hero. I also recommend that you read The Percy Jackson Series before reading The Lost Hero because everything will make more sense.