untitled | Teen Ink

untitled

By meyersh1 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
meyersh1 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

The average American watches four hours of television each day. This amount of television is unhealthy for the entire population and even more so for children. Children need to be spending time playing and learning and interacting with other humans. These enormous amounts of television watched have led to a fruitless society.
Children are now glued to the little black boxes in their houses. They rarely play outside. As if this amount of television isn’t bad enough, the shows on TV inappropriate for children. There are programs that inundate children with the amount of violent situations they show. Television shows have many poignant scenes with murders.
Children are no longer the innocent sanguine kids they are supposed to be. Kids have seen 100s of hours too much of violence. Children are now phlegmatic when they are told someone was killed in real life because they have seen 8,000 murders by the time they have finished elementary school.
It has been corroborated that television is garbling our youth. They do not know what to do with their selves besides watch television because their parents are lazy. They don’t want to use their energy to entertain their children so they plop them down in front of the TV for hours. The amounts of television watched by children needs to be coerced before children are walking around like phlegmatic zombies.