College Essay | Teen Ink

College Essay

By CourtneyDeprez SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
CourtneyDeprez SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

As I prepare to continue my academic career as an Elementary teacher, I first must reflect on experiences that have impacted my high school academic performance. I have continually heard of the importance of doing well and always doing my best, however, there have been some life experiences that have made things challenging. Upon entering high school my parents split up and eventually divorced. My world as I knew it would be forever different. It was school that was my normality, and I used it as my escape from the sadness I felt. I stayed involved in my sports, extra-curricular activities, my social life, and my grades continued to be a B average. From my junior year to now; my youngest sister struggled with an eating disorder. Watching her battle her weight issues and being in and out of the hospital was hard, again school was my constant. Now, my mom and dad have both remarried and I have a new family life, including three new step sisters. School and grades have always kept me focused on my future and my dreams of college and my career as a teacher.