Another modernized idea | Teen Ink

Another modernized idea

By Honeysuckle18 SILVER, Sunnyvale, California
Honeysuckle18 SILVER, Sunnyvale, California

We're all fighting a war whether we know it or not - a war for our minds and souls and what we believe in. ~ Joan Bauer (Stand Tall)

Has the world seriously come to this - putting children on leashes. I was quietly sitting , as I do most of the time, and a toddler comes into my vision. He was smiling though as he ran his mom was firmly holding onto a leash.It discourages imagination when the holder does have the time to explore. Dogs seem to have more freedom on a leash then children seem to. I love to see children playing and it breaks my heart to see them sad. Children should have freedom as long as their are caretakers behind them and positive role-models to show them the way. When was that concept created. Everywhere I turn people are forsaking values when the take a lot of time. I'm sorry your child is running around but I am not sorry that they know how to be human.Being a human gives you power as many want. Children I saw do not know that having a leash is bad. They only knew that it was used by their parents to make sure the are not bad. If they have siblings, instead of holding hands the kids hold onto their sibling's leash. Why should people expect children to be close to each other like that. If I was bad my mom would reason with me. She would hold my hand when we went places or occasionally glance at me when we were side to side.A rope distances you when you wish to be close.With ropes knots can be made that are hard for a little kid to untie.

Musicequalslife, Columbus, Mississippi
That was amazing and I completely agree! It makes me want to cry to see the "leash kids". So wrong!