University Of Pennsylvania | Teen Ink

University Of Pennsylvania MAG

Philadelphia, PA: This busy campus is located in the heart of the city. It is just a few minutes from the historical sites of Philadelphia as well as shopping malls, cafes, comedy clubs and museums. The buildings are traditional Ivy League style and the fall foliage is breathtaking.

The university consists of four undergraduate schools: The College of Arts and Sciences,The School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, The School of Nursing, and The Wharton School (the business school). There are 9,000 undergraduates and 10,000 graduate students with the student/teacher ratio at 1: 10.

The housing is plentiful, and diverse, ranging from theme houses and fraternities to high-rise apartments and regular dorms. The facilities at UPENN are outstanding. The Van Pelt Library is one of the largest in the nation.

I stayed overnight and the incredible activity and energy on the campus overwhelmed me. If you are someone who enjoys active surroundings and constant excitement, you should definitely look into this school.

One of the more interesting aspects of this school is the diversity of its students. I think that in my few days there, I was exposed to more cultural and ethnic differences, in both people and religion, than I have been exposed to during most of my life. There is a whole world out there for our exploration, and UPENN seems to have captured much of it.

Reviewed in 1990

i love this !